Thursday, July 18, 2013

Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?

The title caught you huh?
 
Actually...it should be more like...I wish I was hot like your girlfriend.
 
or
 
I wish I was hot like your friends, or my friends. I wish I had more money, I wish I was skinny, I wish I wasn't so skinny. I wish I looked like her...I wish I had her eyes, her boobs, her butt, her hair.
 
I wish I had more, was different, looked different.
 
Comparison.
 
 
Comparison is the thief of joy. It really is.
 
How many times have we gone into a room, a restaurant, a store and just watched the other women. Some of the first thoughts I know I have are thoughts like these:
 
"oh, she is SO pretty...I wish I had her hair"
"oh my gosh, she is so skinny...I could never be that skinny!"
"she has such a nice body...I bet I would have to work out 50 times a day to look like that."
 
I compare myself to all of the women around me.
 
But its not just women...its couples, and houses, and lifestyles, and salaries.
 
You know, "oh my gosh...mr and mrs so and so just built that huge house....its SO gorgeous. Our house is tiny and gross compared to theirs..."
 
"look at their new car...I bet it cost over $35,000...we will never be able to afford a car like that"
 
"they look like the perfect couple...I never ever see them argue...and she always looks so put together. They look like they are SO in love. Why dont we look like that?"
 
Everywhere we can, we compare ourselves to others! WHY??? Why are we saying that who we are, what we have, and who God made us is not enough?
 
Can you imagine what the world would be like if we stopped trying to keep up with others? If we stopped trying to be like everyone else?
 
I want to be happy with me. With my house, with my car, with my kids, with my husband. With my big ole booty, my thighs, my double chin, my hair, my eyes. I want to be happy with who I am and who God made me, and what He has given me. It needs to be enough.
 
 
I love these verses...they are great reminders....
 
Galatians 6:5…“Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.”
 
 
 “Be content with what you have” –Hebrews 13:5
 
“Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else.” –Galatians 6:4
 
“Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding.” –2 Corinthians 10:12
 
 
“For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.” –Matthew 7:2
 
 
So today...be reminded that you are exactly who God made you to be. You are HIS masterpiece. He has blessed you with your job, your kids, your family, your husband, your house, your car, your thighs, your hair, your beauty.
 
Be content with who you are. Don't be jealous. Don't compare yourself.
 
Look in the mirror and say "GIRL...you are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and mean it!
 
Then tell those around you how thankful you are.
 
And have a FABULOUS Thursday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my heart happy! Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think! Healthy constructive criticism or opinions are welcomed but Negative Comments or Rude comments will not be posted.