Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Top Two characters I would like to play on TV or in a Movie....
- Baby (Frances Houseman) From dirty dancing
Who wouldnt wanna be her? Learn to dance like that...with a hottie like PS? When this movie first came out, I would watch it over and over again (I was like 9) and then I would pretend to dance like her...I would run and jump onto the table on my tummy like I was doing the lift :) Its still one of my FAVORITE movies :)
2. Charlie from Charlie St. Cloud
(only the part of him being able to see and spend time with his brother, I dont believe in ghosts or all of that stuff...but the idea of being able to see and talk to my mom is something I wouldnt mind) Only because I miss my Mom SO much, and even though I know that she is perfect and joyful in heaven, I still wish I had her here. So part of me wishes I could have just a little more time with her. To hug her, and tell her how much I love and appreciate her.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Me: did you see that?
Hubs: did I see what?
Me: that woman
Me: dude, when she bent over I could see all of her la la
Hubs: thats wrong
Me: seriously, nasty..
Hubs: (as he looks over at them) I think I know them , I've seen them around together... I think that she is a hooker, or a mail order bride or something, they act like they dont even like eachother together..but he acts like he owns her, and she is ALWAYS dressed like that, acting like shes all that...
Me: with all her kibbles and bits hanging out?
Hubs: yep..its nasty
Me: for real, who goes to costco with their la la hanging out?
Hubs: I guess hookers and mail order brides do..
Me: (jabs him in the ribs) how do you know about hookers and mail order brides?
Hubs: (rolls his eyes) can we please finish shopping now?
Me: yes, but I'm not gonna bend over like that to get the eggs..
who goes to costco looking like they are ready to go on stage at a strip club???
that girl needs Jesus...and a longer skirt :)
1. Do you have an innie or an outie?
I have an innie... being the voluptuous gal that I am :)
2. What kind of milkshake do you order?
I LOVE milkshakes :) chocolate or Vanilla malts, or huckleberry milkshakes
3. How often do you repeat outfits at work?
It depends on the season, I have more winter clothes than summer clothes, so in the summer I wear the same things week after week...I suck :)
4. What are your feelings about thank you notes?
I love getting thank you notes, but I am horrible at sending them...but I do know that for most people a hand written note is so special, I have to send thank you notes for my work, and I enjoy that..knowing that it makes my clients feel special!
5. Do you like spicy food?
Yes, but I didnt like anything spicy until after I had my daughter..now I LOVE spicy food!
6. How many toilet paper squares do you use?
Probably too much :)
7. Were you in Girl Scouts?
I was a brownie, but the only thing I remember from that was that we had a slumber party one night at our troop leaders house, and a girl there had headlice, when my mom found out, she came and got me!
8. Notebooks/Journals: College ruled? Wide Ruled? No lines? Spiral Bound? Plain front? Decorative?
My boss recently gave me a set of pink moleskin notebooks, they are small, with no lines...and I love them!
9. Do you snack throughout the day? What do you pack for snacks?
Not usually...but then I MOW down when I get home...I should start packing stuff for snacks at work, but I forget...and I am usually running around like a half asleep crazy person in the morning! Recently, I started freezing purple and green grapes...O my heavens they are SO yummy!
10. What is your favorite month? Why?
I'm not sure on this one, it used to be december, but since my mom passed away, I'm not feeling it so much...so lets say May, because its my birthday, mothers day, and my wedding anniversary!
Monday, August 9, 2010
Have I mentioned how much I love them? :) Webisode Wednesday from last week...
- Shopping Tip
I am a compulsive shopper, I shop when I'm happy, sad, bored, lonely, angry...basically I shop when I have any emotion at all. And that gets me in trouble! :) I also hate to try things on in the store..both of these tend to get me in trouble!
So I've figured out a system ( mind you that I am a little insane) ! If I go shopping and I find something (clothes or accessories) that I think I cant live without, I buy it..but when I get home, I leave it in the bag..and hang it on the hand of my closet door. If I use it, or wear it within a week, then I know it was a good purchase :) but if it sits in the bag for a week, then I take it back, no harm, no foul :) There have been too many times that I buy something on an impulse and it sits in my closet or in my bathroom for weeks, or months...and I got tired of pulling things out of my closet with tags still attached! So this systems saves me money in the long run, and I still get to feed my shopping addiction :) I do the same things with my older girls (one is 14 and one is 12)...if I buy them something and they dont use it or wear it within a month I take it back.
2. Hair Tip
I do hair, I've done hair for over 10 years now, and I LOVE it...one of my favorite products to use on my clients, and on myself is this....It's a 10 miracle leave in...this stuff is BANANAS! no joke, sometimes, after a really intense color, I wont even condition my clients, I just load their hair with this....and it is AMAZING...even if you have hair that NEEDS conditioned to be able to even get a brush through...this stuff does the job...
And this stuff...I put it in my color, and bleach, and then I use about a capful before I style...I use it on my own hair when I wash it at night, I put a capful ( i have long hair!) in my hands and rub it all though my hair, then I put it in a tight bun...in the morning, its SO soft!! I love this stuff...plus it smells like the islands!
Saturday morning when I woke up,I felt a little better, so we decided to take a drive to Grangeville and visit my aunt and uncle and my grandma...we had never been to their new house, and it was so cute! It was good to see them! My aunt and uncle made us a yummy dinner, we had grilled steak, macaroni salad, fruit and baked beans :) It was perfect summer time food! We stayed for a few hours, then we headed home, and stopped at Dairy Queen for a blizzard!
Sunday I had made plans to go to church with my Dad, but it was 10:15 and I realized that since its august our church only has one service and it starts at 10:10, not 11:11 the normal one that we go to! So I had to rush and get there before my dad, since we missed 45 minutes of the service, we decided to just go have breakfast! We went to waffles and more, the most fabulous down home breakfast place in our town...and it was so good! Plus it was good to spend some one on one time with my dad! The hubs had to work last night until 6, so when he got off we ran to the diner by our house and grabbed dinner, and we watched The Next Food Network Star!
I LOVE Aarti...and I hope she wins :) Shes just so cute, she always has a flower in her hair..which I LOVE! Plus, the girl can cook!
I got to talk to my baby girl miss M on Sunday, and it made my heart happy to talk to her, even if it was just for a second...I really wish her Dad would be more cooperative...but I pray for him every single day! I am sending her a new princess backpack today as she will start FIRST grade soon...thats just insane to me! Its crazy that shes grown up so much..
She is SO smart, and so pretty, and she is the light of my life! I am SO thankful to that God gave me such a perfect gift!
"I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain."
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Monday, August 2, 2010
- bedtime when miss M is here...Snuggling/singing to miss M ...I wish I could snuggle and sing her to sleep every single night, hearing her sweet little voice sing with me, and then she'll say "mommy scratch my back" and after I do for a while, then she starts to scratch mine...she is so gentle and sweet...we have the BEST conversations when we snuggle at bed time, and then my favorite part of that is praying for her, and then hearing her sweet prayers too.
- when my hubby texts me and tells me he loves me...which he does more than once....every single day :)
what are your top 2 simple pleasures?
And the Malibu that she bought for our fun drinks came in this cool bottle, with markers, so you could color on the bottle :) We made fake Mai Tai's with malibu, pineapple juice and rasberry pucker...they were yummy! And of course since I dont drink hardly ever, it was a nice treat!
I am so thankful to have a best friend like her, she is always there for me, and she knows me better than anyone...Love you Marie!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
I LOVE LADY A...they are talented and fabulous and I LOVE all of their songs :) even this one! HA!
- I made chicken fajitas for dinner tonight..they smell so good, but I cant eat them until my dad gets here for our wednesday night LOST dinner date!
- I love mexican food, and I miss galveston/Houston because they have UH MAZE ING mexican food there. (mainly queso)
- I am addicted to LOST after my dad bought all of the seasons, he decided that we should watch it together on wednesdays and fridays..and I cant get enough of that show!
- I love spending time with my dad, and I cherish it even more now that my mom is gone, and I know how fast life can change. (ya'll...call your mom and tell her you lover her, and let your dad know how much you love him too)
- I want to DEEP clean my house, but I am lazy..
- I wish I had a maid, so I could actually be lazy and not do anything!
- I got to talk to my baby girl today..which makes me heart SO happy
- I know that there are certain people who read this blog and "judge" me...
- guess what...I dont care! :)
- There are knats outside, everytime I walk outside they get stuck in my hair and then I feel like I have bugs crawling on me for like an hour.
- I need to clean and organize my closet..for reals!
- Teenage girls should not where bikinis that show all their reeces pieces, girls cover up those goodies!
- I've gained 60 pounds since my mom died in October, and I NEED to go to the gym
- looking at recent pictures of myself makes me mad that I used food for comfort, and not Jesus
- I love Jesus
- I love my hubby, I made a challenge for myself on sunday that I would tell him EVERY day for 30 days something that I respect about him, or something that he does that I am thankful for! (Ive done it every day since sunday :) )
- I want to go to Vegas again and stay at Aria, those suites are SWEET! :)
- I am terrified of snakes, and every morning, I think I will step on one when I walk to my car
- I've never even seen a snake here at our house :)
- If I did... I would want to move
Happy Hump Day!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
1. How do you take your coffee on an average day? How do you like your coffee if you’re splurging? I like my coffee with any kind of flavored creamer! And when I am splurging...I get a quad iced white annihalator from Dutch Bros. its my FAVORITE, and its very addicting!
2. What is your genre of books to read? I like chick books, christian fiction, and devotional or self help books..I should read the bible more too..
3. Where do you want to retire, if you could go anywhere? I would like to buy a cabin on the Couer d Alene Lake, or maybe on the coast somewhere.
4. The 17-year-old you is told to write a 10-minute speech. What topic would you have picked?The importance of making mistakes, and LEARNING from them!
5. What word describes you best?HOTMESS (hahaha!)
6. What is the next “event” that you are looking forward to? (ex.: vacation, moving, date, job change, etc) October, when we go to Galveston to see baby girl
7. Do you like to discuss controversial topics or do you prefer to avoid those types of conversations? It depends on who I am talking to, and if I want to get a reaction out of them or not.
8. Would you rather add 4 free hours to each day, or add 1 extra day to the week? 4 free hours to the day, as long as they werent hours spent working, and I could spend time with the hubs, or other members of my family.
9. If you created a sports team; what would your colors and mascot be? The Zany Zebras!! Black and White :)
10. If you had to be a teacher, what subject would you teach? Oh wow, I dont think that I could be a teacher, but I would feel most comfortable with teens, and I would like to teach a "life skills" class...so many teen girls have NO idea how to do things like cook, or sew a button :)
Monday, July 26, 2010
The first night that I got there, it was like 10:30 and I was starving so we ran to applebees for some half price apps...and the craziest thing happened! They sat us in the back part of the restaurant, and there was a couple sitting behind us. My cousin was like OMG...those people are totally making out! I thought to myself, yeah right...who mugs down in a restaurant full of people?? Ya'll I kid you not, these people were MUGGING down like no other...his hands were ALL over her reeses pieces, and you could here every kiss...then he started singing to her IN SPANISH! It was sooooooooo uncomfortable! We asked the host if we could move, and she said yes, and then she was like "oh, you dont wanna sit by "the couple"? Seriously??? They knew this was going on, and didnt do anything! YUCK!
These are some yummy cupcakes that we bought at the music festival...they were DEE LISH US! No joke...they were legit :) (key lime coconut, strawberry shortcake, bubblegum)
We also had frozen yogurt after lunch on Saturday, I had cake batter yogurt with strawberries, and white chocolate chips! YUM!
On saturday morning, we went to the Boise farmers market, and there was tons of awesome booths, and there was THIS store! called PINK! how fun! I of course had to take my pic with the store front!
Me and my fabulous cousin!! Rowdy red heads! :)
My long arm shot of the weekend....
It was a great weekend...we got to see Macy Gray, and the Backstreet Boys...along with 50 thousand other people! I'm not kidding there were SO many people...and it was 5 million degrees, so everyone was sweaty and nasty...and bumping into me..I almost lost it a few times...but then I chilled out!
And this one in the spring and through the summer! (please excuse the half naked woman holding the bottle...not sure what thats about!)
Chanel Chance Tender Eau (plus its pink!)
Friday, July 23, 2010
For more info and pricing, search my seller id: marysmom25 on Ebay!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
I was walking by the shower...there is no door, our shower is like a little marble room in itself, with a large lip to step over, so the water doesnt come out..hubs was in the shower and I saw something pink out of the corner of my eye...
HE WAS USING MY POOFIE!!
This is the conversation...
Me: are you using my poofie?
Me: are you serious, thats sick...thats nasty get your own poofie...
Hubs: are you kidding? We sleep in the same bed and kiss, (and the other things that come with being married :) ) but I cant use your poofie?
Me: NO! its mine, thats why its pink...and if you need one i will buy you one...but you cant use mine!! I dont want your boy funk on my poofie!!
(at this point he is about to fall over laughing, and I am trying SO hard to be serious!)
Hubs: whatever...(then he scubs his armpit with my poofie)
Me: Your a punk (I say as I walk away and he is DYING laughing)
(fast forward to a few days later, last night)
Me: did you see that I bought another poofie? Its blue..
Hubs: for me?
Me: No, for me, you can have the pink one...
Hubs: Why? I should get the blue one, and you can have your pink one!
Me: NO!! You already defiled the pink one, so now its yours, and the new blue one is mine!
Hubs: Babe, I love you, but you've got issues
Me: I know...
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
And she's pretty cool...
But I dont really care about him...
HAHA! yes you read that right, the backstreet boys will be there, along with Macy gray, and Brett Michaels...what can I say...its a free concert! I know that my cousin and I will have a blast!
Monday, July 19, 2010
I so didnt want to get out of bed this morning! I was SO tired!
It was a great weekend! Saturday was the KRLC pinic, one of our biggest events all year, we had over 400 people there, and the non profit that we worked with (The Honor them foundation, they work with vacation properties to give free vacations to returning combat vets!) to serve the food at the event raised over 650 bucks! YAY!
I was there from 9am till 10pm, and when I got home I was EXHAUSTED! :)
Sunday, Rick had to work, and the kids went back to their moms, so I slept in..it was GLORIOUS! Then when Rick got off we went to see Grownups and had dinner at Zanys..the movie wasnt as funny as I had hoped but oh well. After the movie we went to Spot on Yogurt but they were out of Cakebatter yogurt! SAD!
We were in bed by 10, and it was wonderful!
Happy Monday Ya'll! :)
Sunday, July 18, 2010
The tea house has hats and shoes and gloves for the patrons to try on...its so fun!
She LOVES to play dress up!!!!