Monday, March 11, 2013

Life givers.

I am blessed with a wonderful family of people who love me. People who I trust with my life. I am not just talking about my husband and my mom and dad....but my grandparents, my aunts and my cousins. I was an only child growing up....I didnt have brothers and sisters (except for foster kids in and out) but I had a ton of cousins. One of them is like my best friend today. I am SO lucky.

But I am also blessed with friends who are like family. People who love me no matter what. And people who speak LIFE....and who are honest enough to tell me when I am screwing up..and they pray for me and help me get on the right track.

All of the people who I have chosen to surround myself with are people who speak life to me. People who know how to tell me the truth...but then speak the truth in love.

Do you have people in your life who speak life into your life? People who tell you the truth in a non judgemental way? People who love you despite your faults and encourage you to be a better person?

We ALL need people like this. If we surround ourselves with people who speak death...and who are always bringing us down...we will become like them.

Jesus tells us that we need to be salt and light...but if we dont spend time with people who keep us salty...we will lose our saltiness. If we hang out with people who live in darkness....it will be harder for us to shine bright.
 
Are you a life giver, do you speak life? Do you have people in your life who are life givers... life speakers?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my heart happy! Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think! Healthy constructive criticism or opinions are welcomed but Negative Comments or Rude comments will not be posted.