Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday.

I feel like my blog has been kind of a downer lately.....like a friend who is always complaining about something. I really try not to be a complainer...but sometimes I am.
 
So...as I sit here again in "my" starbucks I am reminded of how much I have to be thankful for. Even though struggles come, and life is HARD. Like really really hard. I am SO blessed.
 
I am reminded every time I dig into this book
How much I am loved. And how everything is promised to be ok.
 
I am thankful for my husband. I am thankful that he Loves the Lord...and that he loves me. When we said "I do" seven years ago...we didnt say " I do...but only when its easy...or only when you love me and dont hurt me" We said " I do" for better or for worse. Love doesnt quit. Love doesnt run when it gets tough or when it gets its feelings hurt. Love doesnt quit when it is betrayed or broken. Love NEVER fails. And I promised to love my husband. And he promised to love me.
 
I am thankful for this book.
And for the constant hope that it provides. I am thankful for these words today...
John 16:33 The message
"I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be UNSHAKABLE and ASSURED, DEEPLY at peace. In this godless world you WILL CONTINUE to experience difficulties (trouble WILL COME)..but TAKE HEART...I have conquered the world."
That gives me peace. My God (and yours too) loves me enough to tell me like it is...no sugar coating...trouble WILL come. But you will be ok. I will take care of you. I have already conquered all of this crap. You dont have to be afraid.
 
I am thankful for my friends and my family. People who love me. People who pray for me and for my family. God has really really blessed me with a circle of friends who know how to love. But who also know how to speak truth into my life. And for someone as hard headed as me....speaking truth to me is super important.
 
I am thankful for second chances. And third chances....and forgiveness. I am thankful that I am learning alot about this.
 
And today especially...I am thankful for my mascara...because when I woke up...I looked like I had been on the crazy train for about 6 months. Thank you, thank you Jesus for creating the people that invented concealer and mascara.
 
Hope you all have a fantastic thursday.....remember...trouble WILL COME. Things WILL suck sometimes. But God is bigger. And He loves you so much more than you can even imagine. More than your husband loves you...more than you love your kids...more than your parents love you. Alot more. Trust Him. Let Him love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my heart happy! Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think! Healthy constructive criticism or opinions are welcomed but Negative Comments or Rude comments will not be posted.