Sunday, September 30, 2012

Whats your secret?

Secrets. Everyone has them. Some are little....and some are big. Some dont hurt people, and some do.
 
That guy, hes cheating on his wife.
That 25 year old woman, she throws up everything she puts in her mouth.
That teenager...he cuts himself
That 50 year old woman, she had an abortion when she was 19 and NO one knows. (not even her husband of 30 years)
That happily married couple...the wife has bruises on her back from where he beat her.
 
All of these people have secrets. Things that they think no one knows.
But someone does know.
God knows. He knows EVERYTHING.
 
He knows that I cheated on my ex husband more than once.
He knows that I used to stick my fingers down my throat and make myself throw up every day.
He knows that I am disrespectful to my husband.
 
There isnt anything that I have done in my 31 years on this earth that He doesnt know. He created me, He knows my heart. I cant hide from Him.He has helped me deal with all of these "secrets". And He has forgiven me. I am redeemed.
 
You cant hide from Him either. He loves you, and He wants to be in your life. All of your secrets...He can help you with those, you can be redeemed. All you have to do is ask.
 
That guy, hes cheating on his wife. God can restore trust, and save that marriage. Redeemed.
That 25 woman, she throws up everything she puts in her mouth. God can heal her body and restore her self worth. Redeemed.
That teenager...he cuts himself  God can give him confidence and heal his body.Redeemed..  
That 50 year old woman, she had an abortion when she was 19 and NO one knows. (not even her husband of 30 years) God can restore her, and help her heart. Redeemed.
That happily married couple...the wife has HUGE bruises on her back from where he beat her with a toilet brush last night because she didnt clean the bathroom good enough. He can even change this. Redeemed.
 
God can change ALL of this.  
 
Whats your secret? Dont hide it from Him...He knows, and He loves you. He really REALLY loves you.
 
Redeemed. Big Daddy Weave.
 
Seems like all I could see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me "son
Stop fighting a fight it's already been won"

I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain, now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed, I'm redeemed

All my life I have been called unworthy
Named by the voice of my shame and regret
But when I hear You whisper, "Child lift up your head"
I remember, oh God, You're not done with me yet

I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain, now I'm not who I used to be

Because I don't have to be the old man inside of me
'Cause his day is long dead and gone
Because I've got a new name, a new life, I'm not the same
And a hope that will carry me home

I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain, 'cause I'm not who I used to be

I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe every stain, yeah, I'm not who I used to be
Oh, God, I'm not who I used to be
Jesus, I'm not who I used to be
'Cause I am redeemed
Thank God, redeemed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my heart happy! Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think! Healthy constructive criticism or opinions are welcomed but Negative Comments or Rude comments will not be posted.