Tuesday, November 13, 2012

They said the C word!

I have always been one that thinks its CRAZY to start all the Christmas hype before your thanksgiving turkey is even in the oven. But I have been drinking the koolaid lately...I've been listening to Christmas music...and I just cant stop going down the Christmas aisles at Target and Walmart. Its like a drug. The glitter sucks me in.
 
And then there is pinterest....Its like a big conspiracy to make you feel like you suck at decorating...or a ploy to make you stay up for hours and hours trying to recreate this "simple project".
 
 
 
 
I feel like all of those would end in something that looks like a 3 year old made it or decorated it.
 
But I still LOVE the idea of making everything sparkly and pretty...Christmas was my moms favorite holiday. Our tree was always GORGEOUS, and there was a different theme every year. She would wrap gifts in the most amazing wrapping paper...and everything looked like art. She wore sparkly shoes that lit up when she walked...christmas sweaters that would blind you if the light hit them right....and dangly christmas earrings...She really really loved Christmas. I think that's where I get it...but because of her and my Dad, I also know that Christmas is about something more than the sparkles and decorations....its about a baby born in a manger. A Baby that grew up, died for my sins...and gives me the assurance that I will see my momma again someday. Maybe that's why I love Christmas even more now...because it represents the hope that I have.
 
So I guess its OK that I am drinkin the crazy koolaid and jammin out to my N'sync christmas jams...because I know what Christmas is REALLY about. And none of it involves presents or DIY sparkle projects.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I love your blog and am a new follower from the GFC blog hop. Thanks, Shelly from www.shellybailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Heather. Can't wait to see pics of YOUR xmas decorations! xo C

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy! Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think! Healthy constructive criticism or opinions are welcomed but Negative Comments or Rude comments will not be posted.